Sanket completed his BE in Computer Science from University of Mumbai and then an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad during the years 2006-08. Based out of Mumbai, he is currently serving as Director, Corporate Strategy in the Luxembourg headquarted, Altisource Solutions.
Snippets of our conversation with him
1) What prompted you to get admitted into an MBA program? What were the things you considered when you took that decision?
Opportunities for growth and a switch in profile. Other factors pedigree of college, fees
2) Tell us about your life on campus, be it academics/non-academics/any interesting happenings?
Year 1 is a bit hectic, settling in to a different type of learning mode i.e. case study where you have a few hours of prep before class – Managing acads with other activities takes time getting right. – Year 2 is when you have found your equilibrium and then it becomes easier. Plus you can then choose electives which you like
3) Which courses from MBA have been the most useful?
More than any specific technical skills, it is the change in mode of learning, time management, etc which prepares you for all types of events. The technical skills can be picked up. Having said that, LEM was a very hands on and useful course.
4) Tell us about the revered ones – the professors who impacted you the most at the campus.
Prof Handa who takes LEM. The course has a very different structure and Prof Handa takes a personalized approach to each individual.
5) In retrospect, what has been your expected/unexpected and most cherished gain from your MBA journey?
The peer group you have, from whom you learn equally. And the
transformation you go through as an individual by going through the
6 ) Any words of advice for future MBA aspirants?
Think of MBA as a skill enhancement program which is useful through life, instead of doing a “return on investment” kind of analysis and comparing to other courses.
You can connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanketdantara/